Monday, March 28, 2011

The dreaded intro post....

I'll try to make a long story short. This is just an intro post after all. Besides, i have a confession to make...

My boyfriend was right about something. Maybe. Possibly. But only one thing, and i'll never admit it to him in person.


I have this boyfriend. We live in blissful cohabitation, most of the time. After a few years of that blissful cohabitation, we got lazy, and put on a few pounds. I tried a bunch of strange diets, spent weeks convincing myself that i LOVED the treadmill in our front bedroom, and failed miserably at both. The boyfriend eventually got fed up of being fed up, stressed out (his job is crazy), and out of shape. He did a bunch of research, found a diet plan he could live with (and he swears its not a diet), and found a gym he enjoyed. He buckled down, set to making those changes with a vengeance, and a year and a half later is 60 pounds lighter, less stressed, happier, and a whole heck of a lot more pleasant to live with.

Why is this bad? Well, turns out that the diet he picked, The Paleo Diet, is pretty similar to what he'd been doing before. Only, better. And his new gym, Crossfit, is right up his alley, and incorporates the paleo lifestyle as well. He started out with noticeable changes right off the bat, and was instantly converted. Being excited about all this, he decided that he wanted to convert the rest of the world. Including me.

I don't want to say that he got preachy about it, because i know that he meant well, and wanted other people to join in the excitement. However, i don't deal well with "preachy". I'm stubborn to the core, and preachy tends to make me dig in and resist things just on principle. You bet your sweet buttons i resisted this one. I'm sensitive about my weight and eating habits enough already. His "helpful suggestions" weren't well received.

A year and a half later, he's still eating paleo, hitting crossfit as often as possible, and looks better than he did when we met (and he was HOT then!). He's happier, so i'm happier. He's managed to stick with the plan, and is definitely a success story. I'm happy for him. Really.

There's this saying... If you can't beat them, join them. So i did.

No comments:

Post a Comment