Tuesday, March 29, 2011

How I became a crossfit widow....

The boyfriend and I work opposite shifts. That means that we only have one night a week, maybe two, where we're both home and awake at the same time, for a couple of hours. The rest of the time, we communicate through emails, text messages, and the occasional phone call. It sucks. A lot.

When the boyfriend started hitting cross fit on his nights off, it meant that instead of having 3 or 4 hours a week with him, I had 1 or 2. There was a little bit of a resentment on my part for that, and whole lot of frustration on both our parts. But, cross fit is working for him. He's happier, healthier, and less stressed out. The time I do have with him is a lot more fun. Eventually I got fed up with the whole "ships passing in the night" routine, and decided that something had to change. Our work schedules are fixed, cant change those. I'm not about to ask him to give up cross fit, because when he's happier and healthier, we both win. That really only left me one option...

If you can't beat them, join them... And that began my journey into cross fit, and the paleo lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment